Are you getting bored on a lazy summer weekend at home and planning a getaway to white sandy beaches and camping near a lake? Go ahead and take a trip by yourself and don’t forget to enjoy yourself. Keep your destination in mind but you can deviate from your plan a little when required. No distraction means being solo to meditate and find your own potential while chilling out there.
Meet new people, relish different cuisines and explore wonderful places. Solo travelling is perhaps the best way to absorb new culture, people and history. Solo travelling is being promoted as a huge number of travelers hit the road. T US State Department is keenly interested in making roads and treks safer and providing tourist amenities.
Relaxation or Exploration
After deciding if you want to relax or explore, it makes your destination too obvious. Relaxing vacations can lead you to places with a map and language book but it’s more fun to have it your own way and go exploring on your own. Try staying in a beach villa with everything included and relax with just a newspaper and a drink beside an indoor pool.
Solo travelling is on the rise where you can choose hotels with boutiques and restaurants and the US and European authorities are more than eager to make sure a solo traveler on the road is in a hospitable environment. Try to do a lot of homework so you won’t have to spend time on the hotel Wi-Fi searching for your must see sites.
Tips for Traveling Abroad
1. The State Department is there to assist you and protect you if you just sign up and get enrolled in case of any emergency. By doing so you can inform the State Department in case of a travel emergency, meanwhile keeping your whereabouts and personal information safe and private.
2. Just to make sure, kindly check that you have a valid and signed passport along with a visa and remember to sign the emergency page on your passport.
3. Always remember to leave copies of your passports and itinerary page with friends and family in case they want to contact you.
4. Contact your medical insurance company to ensure your insurance policy applies overseas and also includes coverage of emergency mass departure.
5. When you are in a foreign country you are subject to its laws.
6. It is advisable to take proper precautions when you are travelling in a foreign land like avoid wearing excessive jewelry or fabulous clothes and instead of cash carry credit or debit cards.
7. The US Consulates and Embassies are open for any assistance 24 hours daily to provide emergency services all the time. Visit the link below to find more about being a citizen of US around the world.